Comment 0 Likes
These gorgeous clients of ours decided to go for the Big Chop and start fresh with a cute, short style.
Are you struggling to figure out which service to book to get your curls styled in a certain way? We’ve created a Versus Curl Chart to help you determine which curl pattern, tightness, and bounce will best suit you for your next salon appointment!
If you search online for curly hair tips, you’ll find a plethora of online blogs and resources for curly hair, but this can quickly become overwhelming. One curly girl swears by one product, another says it ruined her curls forever. We’re hoping to help dispel some confusion by addressing one of the most popular issues for curly girls: co-washing.
Co-washing is the process of cleansing your hair with conditioning cleansers instead of traditional shampoos that lather. This is a great way to cleanse your hair without stripping your curls and drying them out, which is common with traditional shampoos that lather. This curly-hair trick helps to address some of the wash-day problems that many curly clients deal with, but it also has its drawbacks. Co-washing does not thoroughly cleanse your scalp of dirt, product buildup, and sebum that gets trapped amongst your scalp. Over time, this can cause extensive dryness to your scalp as well as prevent growth.
So what’s the best way to take on co-washing? Life is all about balance…
If you’re going to begin co-washing, the first step is to make sure you’re using the right product for your unique curls. Some curly clients may require more hydration, while others may find that oil replenishing products create an oily scalp. Your stylist can help recommend the best co-washer for you! The next, critical step is to clarify your scalp at least once per month to ensure you are thoroughly cleansing your scalp. Some clients may need to clarify more often. Our favorite clarifying products are Paul Mitchell’s Shampoo Three or Influance’s Rosemary Shampoo. The final step is to listen to your curls! If this method is not working for you and providing ideal results for your curls, try something else!
We always encourage you to reach out with any questions or curl support you may need!
It is not uncommon that we will receive a call from a client who is hoping to book an appointment, but isn’t sure which service to book. We thought we’d put together a quick set of tips for how to book your appointment as well as making the most out of your time with us!
1. Start with a Consultation: If you aren’t sure which services you might need or haven’t quite sold yourself on the idea of diving into something new, you’re always welcome to book a 15-minute Consultation. At this appointment, you’ll have your stylist’s undivided attention while they guide you on the best route to achieving your healthy hair and beauty goals! While all of our services will begin with an initial consultation, booking this service allows you to start slow.
2. Online Booking for your Convenience: Life gets busy, so you can always book your appointment online at a time that is convenient for your schedule! When booking online, make sure you choose the correct service by reading the descriptions listed. It is important that you specify all services you will be requesting so we can ensure we allot the proper amount of time for you and your stylist. If you are unsure if you’ve accounted for all the services you need during an upcoming appointment, call us a few days ahead to confirm and we’ll make sure you’re able to receive all the time you need!
3. Be Honest About Your History: Especially when receiving color services, it is imperative that you are open with your stylist about any and all color services applied in the last five-to-ten years! Why so long? Depending on your service history, there may be pigment left on the ends of your hair, which are the oldest part of the strands. If lightener is applied to your hair and this is not accounted for, you could end up with severe damage and/or wonky color. Color services are based in chemistry, so being honest about your color history helps your stylist formulate accordingly and prevent disaster.
4. Plan for Patience: We all dread the dryer time. Even our own stylists can be the most impatient clients to process! Dryer time is necessary for styling to ensure longevity of your style, prevent frizz, etc. We promise we aren’t just torturing you or buying time – we’re thinking long-term benefits! For our clients receiving styles like Lacers or FlexiRods, plan for several hours under a hooded dryer to set your style. We’re happy to provide snacks, drinks, magazines, and headphones to help pass the time!
5. Give Us a Call: If you have questions, we are more than happy to help! You can contact the salon and speak to our team regarding any questions or concerns you might have. If you need to leave a message, we’ll be sure to give you a call right back!
Are you considering bangs but aren’t sure how they’ll work with your curls? Below is an inspo-gallery of some of our favorite curly cuts we’ve done to work bangs into shape!