Tips for Making the Most Out of Your Appointment
It is not uncommon that we will receive a call from a client who is hoping to book an appointment, but isn’t sure which service to book. We thought we’d put together a quick set of tips for how to book your appointment as well as making the most out of your time with us!
1. Start with a Consultation: If you aren’t sure which services you might need or haven’t quite sold yourself on the idea of diving into something new, you’re always welcome to book a 15-minute Consultation. At this appointment, you’ll have your stylist’s undivided attention while they guide you on the best route to achieving your healthy hair and beauty goals! While all of our services will begin with an initial consultation, booking this service allows you to start slow.
2. Online Booking for your Convenience: Life gets busy, so you can always book your appointment online at a time that is convenient for your schedule! When booking online, make sure you choose the correct service by reading the descriptions listed. It is important that you specify all services you will be requesting so we can ensure we allot the proper amount of time for you and your stylist. If you are unsure if you’ve accounted for all the services you need during an upcoming appointment, call us a few days ahead to confirm and we’ll make sure you’re able to receive all the time you need!
3. Be Honest About Your History: Especially when receiving color services, it is imperative that you are open with your stylist about any and all color services applied in the last five-to-ten years! Why so long? Depending on your service history, there may be pigment left on the ends of your hair, which are the oldest part of the strands. If lightener is applied to your hair and this is not accounted for, you could end up with severe damage and/or wonky color. Color services are based in chemistry, so being honest about your color history helps your stylist formulate accordingly and prevent disaster.
4. Plan for Patience: We all dread the dryer time. Even our own stylists can be the most impatient clients to process! Dryer time is necessary for styling to ensure longevity of your style, prevent frizz, etc. We promise we aren’t just torturing you or buying time – we’re thinking long-term benefits! For our clients receiving styles like Lacers or FlexiRods, plan for several hours under a hooded dryer to set your style. We’re happy to provide snacks, drinks, magazines, and headphones to help pass the time!
5. Give Us a Call: If you have questions, we are more than happy to help! You can contact the salon and speak to our team regarding any questions or concerns you might have. If you need to leave a message, we’ll be sure to give you a call right back!